Terms & Conditions
Licence to use the Website
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- we may alter, amend or cease the operation of the Website at any time in our sole discretion; and
- the Website will not operate on a continuous basis and may be unavailable from time to time (including for maintenance purposes).
Term and termination
- We own and retain all proprietary rights in the Website, and in all data, text, software, photographs, images, graphics, interfaces, content, trademarks, logos, trade names, service marks and other intellectual property rights related thereto.
- The Website contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information belonging to us, our related entities and licensors. You agree to not copy, modify, adapt, upload, link, post, frame, translate, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce, republish or distribute in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property or proprietary information accessible through the Website or any part of the Website, without first obtaining our prior written consent.
- You agree to not remove, obscure or otherwise alter any proprietary notices appearing on any content, including copyright, trademark and other intellectual property notices.
- To use the Website, we expect you to abide by a certain standard of behaviour. You agree that you will not do, or attempt to do, anything that is unlawful, prohibited by any laws applicable to the Website, anything which we would deem inappropriate or which might bring us or the Website into disrepute.
- The following is a non-exhaustive list of the type of actions that you may not engage in with respect to the Website. You will not:
- do anything that would breach another person’s privacy (including by uploading or submitting information to us about an individual without their consent), or any other legal rights;
- impersonate any person or entity;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website, the servers, networks or sites/applications connected to the Website or any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
- email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Website, without BYG’s prior written authorization;
- use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to BYG or the Website (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of BYG) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose;
- breach the security of the Website, test or scan the vulnerability of the Website or make any unauthorised access or use of any part of the Website;
- modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Website, its contents or any software used on or for the Website;
- use the Website or its content in any way that is unlawful, illegal or breaches the rights of BYG or any third party;
- facilitate or assist a third party to do any of the above acts.
- You are prohibited from using the Website and any content posted on the Website for any purpose and in any way that competes with our business.
- When communicating with us, including via our customer care representatives, you agree to not be abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexist, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or to not otherwise behave inappropriately. If we feel that your behaviour towards us, any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or inappropriate, offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your use of or access to the Website.
- We appreciate your feedback. If you review us, or provide us with a testimonial, you permit us to post or otherwise transmit the review or testimonial on our social media or other channels. You can email us at email@example.com and ask us not to do this.
Modifications to Website
- We may at any time modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website. To protect the integrity of the Website, we reserve the right at any time in our sole discretion to block users or IP addresses from accessing the Website.
Warranties and disclaimers
- BYG provides the Website on an “as is” and “as available” basis and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, excludes all warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise with respect to the Website (including all content contained therein), including without limitation any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy or completeness or non-infringement.
- BYG does not represent or warrant that the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, secure, free of viruses or other contamination or that any defects or errors on the Website will be corrected.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither BYG nor its affiliates and/or third party partners are responsible, and shall not have any liability for any loss, damage or expense howsoever arising, whether direct or indirect and/or whether present, unascertained, future or contingent (Liability), suffered by you or any third party arising from or in connection with:
- your use of the Website and/or its content;
- any incorrect, inaccurate, or out of date content posted on the Website;
- any inaccessibility of, interruption to or outage of the Website; and/or
- any loss or corruption of data.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Website is accessed at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for and hereby waive any and all claims and causes of action with respect to any damage to your device, computer system, internet access, download or display device, or loss or corruption of data that results or may result from the download of or access to any such material. If you do not accept this limitation of liability, you are not authorized to download or obtain any material through the Website.
- BYG does not hold the information posted or made available through the Website as impartial and it should not be viewed as wholly objective. BYG does not: (i) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content provided through the Website; or (ii) adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any party that appears on the Website. Under no circumstances will BYG or its affiliates be responsible or liable for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted on the Website, or transmitted to or by any users, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- The Website may contain links to other websites, applications or resources. You acknowledge and agree that BYG is not responsible for such external websites, applications or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, information, statements, advertising, goods or services, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources to the maximum extent permitted by law. We recommend that you make your own enquiries to ensure those websites are suitable for you.
Indemnity by You
Entire agreement and other general terms
- If you access the Website and you are based overseas, we do not represent that the Website complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of the country in which you reside (if you reside outside Australia). You are responsible for complying with the laws of the jurisdiction where you access the Website and please note that you access the Website at your own risk.